Best 25 Do’s During Job interview.
Do you know the best behavior codes one need to follow for a job interview? Or you aren’t sure? Then this article is specially designed for you since we deliver you the points which we have observed and analysed during the phase of live job interview.
Even though we design and use the best resume techniques for a job interview, still most of the times we fail to know the right behavior in an interview. So these are out top 25 Do’s during the job interview which one needs to follows;
1. Importance of Proper Handshake.
- You may have seen in our video, the way you do a handshake make a difference, Firm and confident handshake is crucial.
- Make sure you don’t have bone crunching handshake.
2. Importance of Door Knock.
- Do you know the way you knock the door reflects your confidence. A confident person instead of pushing the door slightly always prefers to knock the door in a descent manner.
- The vibrations at which you knock do makes a horn or hallow effect in the minds of the interviewer.
3. Importance of Eye Contact.
- In the entire interview your eye contact or your concentration levels are tested throughout the interview.
- It is observed that weak concentration level tend to divert their attention away from the interview.
- Most important don’t make so much eye contact that you look like a psycho.
4. Smile and Laugh as needed.
- Every individual loves smiling faces same in the case in your interview as well. Sad faces are sometimes referred as unhappy or non confident or jumbled up type candidates getting the hallow effect in the minds of the interviewer.
- Have a sense of humor- Don’t forget to laugh, when really needed but do control on the flow of emotions and laughter levels as well.
5. Art of Listening.
- It is extremely crucial for every candidate to have good listening skills especially at the interview premises since some interview panels plans to introduce you to others and later even ask their name which most of the candidates fail to identify since your main focus is on interview and not on the people around you.
- On the basis of lack of listening ability or lack of importance to minute points you may be rejected.
- At some places, we even observed that the candidate don’t even give importance to the panel who introduce you at the start of the interview.
6. Your Body language & expressions.
- Once confident can be well observed through ones facial expressions or hand movements to explain a point.
- Body Languages often give interviewers some sort of signals.
Read Here in Detail :
7. Sell Yourself.
- One should know the tactics to sell your talent in the interview. Research shows even the most talented person has suffered with good academics who fail to express or sell talent in the interview.
- Try your level best to stretch your talents and achievements wherever required.
- Make sure you convey your good points factually and sincerely.
- Keep in mind that you alone can sell yourself to an interviewer. Make them realise why they need you in their organisation.
8. How You Greet.
- In today’s world, how you greet in an interview also make some difference. Like the Americans and the Europeans now even the Asian countries panel are more interested to be addressed simply by their first name or Mr Ravale (Mr. Surname) instead of referring someone by “SIR”.
9. Reason for leaving.
- It’s crucial to explain in a positive manner in the right phrases – “Why you left your last job” or “Why you were been asked to leave” in the resume.
- In case of F2F interview, the way you express your reason of leaving the job, the tone you express is crucial.
10. Ask Questions.
- As per my experience most of the candidates fail to qualify here since they don’t ask any doubts or questions at the end of the interview.
- The type of questions you ask shows your interest to have the job. So it’s better you ask questions related to job, Industry, domain.etc.
11. Be Smart.
- We may read and try all the tricks but what if we fail to smile and express like a non confident person. So, one of the most crucial point is you need to be smart, active and express confidence with positive attitude throughout the interview.
12. Analyse the Panel.
- During the process of an interview, we should try (not necessary) to analyse or get clues as in what is the Technical or HR Panel are actually expecting from you.
- Most of the panel gives you indirect clues which can help you identify the right purpose of the interview. It is necessary to have good listening skills for this point to work.
13. Basic Hygiene
- Focus on basic hygiene especially your nails, hair style, perfume you use, shoe style, etc is extremely necessary.
14. Be Honest.
- Some candidates are prone to get into a situation where they lie at a sudden point.
- Most of the candidates create their negative image here since they give some nervousness signals initially either by touching their nose, hair or ear frequently which is some signs of telling a lie.
- It’s the combination of these signals with your facial expressions that give a clear confirmation that you lie. So make sure that you stay honest since it’s the panel which have more expertise in judging you then any one else.
- It is also found that most of the candidates get caught later, from the framed stories made during the process of the interview thereby leading to rejection.
15. Speak Clearly.
- Speak clearly, slowly and confidently. Every Interview or panel always expect clear communicational discussion throughout the phase of the interview. At certain points due to non clear discussion, confusion arises which may turn negative to the interviewer or panel.
16. Ignore “No”, “Never” words.
- If asked about any new strategy and if you don’t know its fine to be honest to reply you never worked on that skill set, be it any new marketing or sales strategy.
- Here, you showed that you are self learner, can go out of time to complete or learn anything, more interested in knowing new technologies, etc.
17. Researched firm details.
- If you have already researched the firm, then it’s necessary for you to show this by expressing it. Indication current share price or saying I also have worked on the clients mentioned in your website. This gives a clue that you have researched the firm and appeared for the interviewer.
- If asked, you should be smart enough to tell about your current firms as well like what it does, its mission – vision, its goals and objectives.
18. Need for opinion.
- If asked, always have an opinion. It’s better to take a minute and give your opinion.
- If not you may be considered as a candidate who may fail to take decisions during your live projects.
19. Need for more conversion.
- Always design or conduct yourself as if you are determined to get the job.
- Never close the door for an extra opportunity since I have mostly seen candidates already holding offer find it difficult to express the right way especially at the end of the interview.
- Always better to have multiple offers and then finally evaluating the best out of all.
“How to evaluate the best offer from the pool of offers you have”
20. Request for Business Card.
- Get business cards from your interviewers, or at least make a note of the correct spelling of their names.
21. Noting down key points.
- Write down some notes after your interview so that you don’t forget any details of what was being discussed.
- Try your level best to dot down points where you think may have went in a wrong way, try to find a solution on the same since you may end up making the same mistake in your next interview.
- Notes always help to make us to make your own comfortable since we know better than anyone else. Referring such earlier written notes may definitely help you to focus even on those minute mistakes which interviewer try to judge your. (Helpful for a long run career)
22. Follow up and “Thank You” note.
- It’s professional to write a good thank you note within the 24 hours of the competition of the interview.
For More Read Here:
23. Maintain Records for the Interview.
- I always follow this method since I believe to have multiple options in life and then deciding the best one. For this to work, its mandatory for such candidates to a have a record of all interviews given with either an excel maintained within his own smart phone or any other record maintaining process.
- These records should have details of the company name you applied for, location of the firm, ctc told by you, type of Interview, cell no of the HR, email ID of the HR, etc.
24. Confidentiality of Interview.
- I’m not sure whether I should disclose such points here or not, since I do believe the science of sign waves in which whenever we talk to any person there are always some sort of positive and negative waves which divert from one person to another. So, I will always advice that you don’t disclose any earlier details of you going for any interview. Since there may be friends in your circle who may not be interested for you to progress in your life or simply go ahead of them.
So there are my personal top 25 Do’s during job interviews. If you know any other points which i may have missed out do make sure to let me us know all in the comments below.